Re: [orca-list] Keeping your orca git tree up to date.

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 03:11:05PM EST, Jason White wrote:
Luke Yelavich <themuso ubuntu com> wrote:

Git pull doesn't work the same as similar mechanisms for other vcs systems,
bzr pull, svn update etc. Git pull fetches changes and attempts to merge the
latest changes, thats how I understand it from reading the git pull manpage.

What's wrong with that? It has always worked for me with projects that use
Git, although I haven't checked out Orca yet.

I have seen git pull break for me on many occasion when attempting to update a git tree, usually seen with
kernel sources, and as people are seeing, git pull doesn't always properly update their working tree.

If you really want to make sure your git working tree is up to date after a pull, run git reset --hard origin.

Luke