Re: [orca-list] Keeping your orca git tree up to date.

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 02:51:13PM EST, Steve Holmes wrote:
These five steps sound a lot harder than "git-pull." Is there some
reason that git-pull of Orca does not pull the most recent changes?

Git pull doesn't work the same as similar mechanisms for other vcs systems, bzr pull, svn update etc. Git
pull fetches changes and attempts to merge the latest changes, thats how I understand it from reading the git
pull manpage.

A shorter way of updating is:
1. git fetch origin
2. git reset --hard origin

Although I am not sure if there is any difference between using those steps and the 5 step version, in terms
of the working tree.

Luke