Re: [orca-list] Adding Braille Keybindings

Hi Teresa:

I believe this is exactly what xbrlapi is supposed to provide, but I've never quite figured everything out.

Will

On 06/02/09 09:25, Teresa Cochran wrote:
Hello, Will,

I wasn't thinking so much of emulating typing, but more of making it
possible to indicate that a Braille input key combination be used for a
specific function, and have the option of using these keys as
alternatives for the keyboard keys. Say, simulation of arrow keys,
Braille panning, tab, enter, etc.

Thanks,
Teresa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>
To: "Teresa Cochran" <pipistrelle cox net>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Adding Braille Keybindings

Hi Teresa:

Is this for emulating typing from the keyboard? If so, xbrlapi is
supposed to help with this, but I've not been fully successful with it.

Will

On 05/29/09 11:29, Teresa Cochran wrote:
Hi, folk,

I have a suggestion that relates to my previous discussion of Orca and
Braille. I'm wondering how feasible it would be to make it possible to
input the Braille keybindings directly in the key bindings area in Orca
preferences. In the meantime, is it possible to specify Braille key
designations using function key names? (Braille F1, etc.)? I was
browsing the Braille key bindings and noticed a few entries for Braille
panning, but I don't know how to add Braille display key options to
them.

Thanks,
Teresa

The manual is at