[orca-list] Software feedback requested from ORCA users in Toronto

Dear ORCA users in Toronto, your software feedback is needed.

The Fluid Project is an open, collaborative project to improve the
user experience of community source software. Fluid components are
reusable, Web-based user interfaces that can be used by universities
in learning management software and other Web-based technologies.

You probably use such software daily for working online, and sharing
and collaborating on content with your peers. As you've probably
noticed, it can be frustrating to upload files online and share
information with friends and colleagues over the Web.

The Fluid Project is trying to change this and make the software
easier for you to use.  We need your feedback to help guide our
designs.

If you choose to participate, you will spend 30 minutes to an hour
individually with a Fluid team member and tell us what you think of
our software.  Try it out and see how you think it can be improved.

We want our software projects to be accessible and user-friendly. For
our current round of testing, we are looking for people who use
assistive technologies to help us evaluate and improve the user
experience of Fluid software. We're trying to gather a diverse group
of participants, which includes Orca/Linux users. You can bring your
own computer, or we can set you up the hardware and software you need.
Participants will receive a $25 honorarium for their time.

Time Needed:   60 minutes

When:   To be determined

Where:   1st Floor Robarts Library, ATRC (near Info Commons),
University of Toronto

Date: Summer 2009

Participation and feedback provided is completely confidential.

If interested, please contact Alison Benjamin to set up an appointment
by email at alison dot benjamin at gmail dot com

When emailing please indicate you are interested in the “Fluid User Study”.