Re: [orca-list] question with panel tooltips

Hi Attila:

The Ctrl+F1 action tells the toolkit to show the tooltip for an object. The AT-SPI event Orca gets when the tooltip is shown is the way Orca discovers the tooltip and can then make the decision about whether or not to present the contents of the tooltip. Unless the application developer has hooked the tooltip contents up to something else, such as an accessible description, this is the only way Orca can discover the text.

So...I believe the short answer to your question is that there is not a way to automatically cause the behavior you get when Ctrl+F1 is pressed. There is an /apps/panel/global/tooltips_enabled boolean property, but changing its value didn't seem to have the effect desired.

Will

Hammer Attila wrote:
Dear List!

Ok Will, I try again write my letter. :-):-)
When I yesterday see the 588774 bug fix, I am very happy and I try test the panel tooltips with following steps: 1. I press Ctrl+Alt+Tab key to navigate the top panel, and search the network-manager panel icon with Tab key. 2. I press Ctrl+f1 key combination, because Orca does'nt read this panel icon tool tip, only the "Icon" label. Orca spoken correct the network-manager panel icon tooltip.
3. Press Ctrl+Alt+d key combination and repeat this test steps.
I am very happy, because Orca say the network-manager panel icon tooltip automaticaly when I do 1. test step (press Ctrl+Alt+Tab key combination and search network-manager panel icon with tab key).

The problem: when I logout and login back again, need do all entire test steps if I would like hear network-manager panel icon tooltip (1. and 2. steps). Interesting, but the "Present Tooltips" check box is checked my Orca settings. Impossible say Orca the network-manager panel icon tooltip or the Trash icon tooltip with bottom panel by default?
What setting toggle with Ctrl+F1 key combination?

Attila