Re: [orca-list] Speech-dispatcher and multiple sounds

Tomas Cerha napsal(a):
André Carioca wrote:
If I remove manualy, when I run  spd-say, the system display this message:

can't to open /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf.

I don't believe :) spd-say is a client and speechd.conf
has to do with the server. Your spd-say might however
give a message about not being able to connect to server,
which means that you likely need to use the proper port.
If you follow spd-conf instructions carefully, it tells you
that you need to set the environment variable SPEECHD_PORT
to the chosen port, likely to be 6561.

So try
 SPEECHD_PORT=6561 spd-say "test"

With regards,