Re: [orca-list] Espeak speed up instructions not working

HI Storm:

You might also need the latest gnome-speech driver for eSpeak. The gnome-speech driver contained some errors in how it expressed the min/max values for rate.

I just tested with Orca from trunk and gnome-speech from trunk on my OpenSolaris box. A maximum rate of 10.0 in Orca seems to match espeak -v en-us -s 390 "this is some text" from what I can tell. In addition, the raised pitch for capital letters seems to work well, too.

Can you try saving away your ~/.orca directory, deleting ~/.orca, and then rerun the Orca preferences to see if things start working as expected?

Will

Storm Dragon wrote:
Hi,
I am using Ubuntu 9.04 with Orca version 2.25.91
I have rate set to 100, and added the fast_test line to /usr/share/espeak-data/voices/en/en-us but it is not speaking any faster. If I do espeak -v en-us -s 390 "this is some text" then it does speak as fast as I expect it to. Is orca's fastest rate not 390 words per minute? I think it has to use espeak's fastest setting to work. Is there a file I can edit in Orca to change it? Also, pitch is not raised for caps letters.
Thanks
Storm

Check out the Storm Dragon blog:
http://www.stormdragon.us/