[orca-list] I unplug my notebook and Orca goes silent...

Hello everyone,
Well - I guess my subject line says it all. I keep noticing that when I have
Orca running fine, and then unplug my notebook computer from the electric
power, making it switch to Battery Mode, Orca becomes unresponsive.

Even when I press alt Plus F2 and then restart orca, it would say "Welcome
to Orca" and then go silent again immediately. Yesterday, even restarting
the X Server didn't solve the issue.
I ended up having to plug my notebook back in, wait for like a minute or so,
restart orca and then finally get speech back.
 As for my setup - let's see... I have the latest Orca 2.24 build from SVN,
same for ATK and AT-SPI - they have all been taken from the gnome-2-24
branch of their respective SVN repositories.

My Operating System is Ubuntu 8.10 running all the latest updates.
The only major change I made was getting some WLAN Drivers from the
intripid-backports and switching the WLAN Tool from Network Manager to WICD.

Thanks for any help!
Regards,
René