Re: [orca-list] Scripting applications with dotted names

On 02/20/2009 08:16 AM, Willie Walker wrote:
Hope this helps!

It does, thanks. I've scripted Gajim sufficiently such that, after installing the needed transports, I've stopped using Pidgin. There are some issues beyond my control, but I'm filing tickets against Gajim and hope we'll soon have a Pidgin alternative for those of us jumping ship to XMPP and wanting more than just the basics.

Do I need to put the app name regexp in an _() call? I'm assuming that's for gettext? That doesn't immediately make sense to me; are the binaries of app names typically translated as well? So for instance openoffice.bin would be localized? If I use _(), do I need to provide translations in all or any of the .po files? Of course, I know that I can't be expected to provide all the translations, just wondering if I have to do any of the i18n work just to get the script mapping correct?

Thanks.