[orca-list] Installing Ubuntu with Orca

Hello list.
I am attempting to install Ubuntu 8.04 or 8.1, (I have both), onto my system with Orca speech support. I can run the live CD, and Orca talks, and Ubuntu and the Gnome desktop looks quite impressive, but I have a problem. I downloaded a podcast from www.blindcooltech.com conserning installation of Orca with Ubuntu 8.04, but when I follow the instructions for the key strokes at the beginning, Orca does not come up talking, and I have no sighted help here to see what's going on. I'm fairly comfortable with text mode Linux, as I'm using a version of Slackware on this other machine, but I am new to the Linux GUI, so I need a bit of help here.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Dan Murphy