Re: [orca-list] [ANNOUNCE] libao (new audio driver for speechd including working pulseaudio support).

I think your patch does the job just fine!  However, can we assume all
the other applications using libao want to have such a low buffer
threshold?  I worry it might cause other applications problems if we
override the pulseaudio defaults in the general case.

My preference would be to expose some buffering options through the
libao interface to the user.  If I could control a couple of
pulse_simple attributes, through an abstract libao interface, that's
all I'd need.  The advantages of libao are obvious... it's well tested
for many back-ends on many platforms, while most of the
speech-dispatcher back-ends are buggy.

Do you know who maintains the libao source?  Where can we e-mail your patch?

Thanks,
Bill