Re: [orca-list] [ANNOUNCE] libao (new audio driver for speechd including working pulseaudio support).

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 04:18:46AM EST, Bill Cox wrote:
I've rewritten the speech-dispatcher pulseaudio driver, based on Lukes
libio driver and what I saw in the ao source.  My new pulseaudio
driver is only 177 lines, or about 1/10th of the old one.  It uses the
pulseaudio "simple" interface, just like libao.

Thanks very much for your work, I'll test this out for myself this morning. Whats interesting, is that I
never thought that pulse-simple would be good enough for what we want to do. I always thought that we would
need to use the more complex pulse API to get the best latency possible. Anyway, I'm very happy to be proven
wrong, and if this works as well as ALSA, then I'm all for it.

Luke4