Re: [orca-list] [ANNOUNCE] libao (new audio driver for speechd including working pulseaudio support).

Dear List,

Marco, 256 the default value if following line is commented?
#define AO_SEND_BYTES 256

I testing this values tomorrow. Latency is not big my machine, I think not very disturb.

You wroted:
"the reason for me to create the patch was the alsa echo problem
if speech-dispatcher gets new strings very rapidly
the sound-output was a kind of a mixed speech output
sounds lke an echo
with libao and alsa there is no echo anymore :-)"
Absolute correct now. Oldest alsa driver I see some time with some Espeak phonemes are "distorted" when I using Speech-dispatcher with hungarian language. This new driver fix this problem, real fantastic read now longer texts with Speech-dispatcher.

Thanks this new driver!

Attila