Re: [orca-list] orca suggestion

This sounds like an interesting feature but frankly, Orca should be stable enough that it doesn't crash like that and shouldn't require some baby sitter app out there to kick it back in again.  Also with the current situations that usually cause these crashes, Orca won't start backup properly when you do a restart.  I usually have to kill my X session and start completely over.  What usually happens lately when restarting Orca, is you hear "Welcome to Orca" and then nothing else.  At that, all I can do is restart the whole X session.  your suggested monitoring tool would work in these situations.