Re: [orca-list] many cpu wakeups with orca

Dear List!

I doed suggested modifications my desktop computer:
1. In src/orca/orca.py module, I changed the line "registry.start()" to
 "registry.start(gil=False)".
After this modification, Powertop drastical changed!
Now I not see this process:
97,6% (9177,2)            python : schedule_hrtimeout_range
(hrtimer_wakeup)

2. Sure by sure, I doed second suggestion with pyatspi/registry.py:
time.sleep(1e-3)

Now I will be looking what happen my notebook powertop result.
Will, if I see good results my notebook, I have few questions before I
doing this two patch:
1. Orca uses now only the git repository only?
2. If yes, how can make the patch, similar with svn diff >patch.txt? I
try git diff >patch.txt, but the patch -p0 <patch.txt does'nt work.
3. I use 2-26 or trunk age,?

Attila