Re: [orca-list] many cpu wakeups with orca

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 13:23 +0000, Willie Walker wrote:

Anyhow, the other option I was going to write about is to modify
pyatspi's registry.py "time.sleep(1e-5)" line to a longer value such as
"time.sleep(1e-3)".  People have reported some success with this with
accerciser, which seems to exhibit the same issue.

Has anyone tested this long-term? Any adverse effects?

Since several have reported it, I'm wondering if it's time for a bug
report/patch? Has anyone filed one?

I'm not experiencing the issue, but then again I've not checked, and
since I'm on a low-power netbook, conserving is important to me.

I just made a patch that applies the above change. Seems like it'd be
more useful if someone actually experiencing this could file the bug
report and patch if they haven't already, but if not then I'll do it.