Re: [orca-list] updating orca on opensuse

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 02:58:09AM -0400, Aruni Sharma wrote:
Hi after much effort I am unable to update orca through svn trunk or
otherwise. I would like to use the latest version of orca so that I
can dettermine whether there is some improvement in accessibility in
opensuse 11. I am otherwise very happy with this particular distro.

Assuming you're on a 32-bit openSUSE machine:

1. Update intltool

        a.  First, remove intltool by running:  zypper rm intltool (as root)

        b.  svn checkout http://svn.gnome.org/svn/intltool/trunk intltool ;
            cd intltool

        c.  ./autogen ; make ; sudo make install

2. Install python development packages

        a.  zypper in python-devel (run this as root)

3. Update Orca

        a.  First, remove orca by running:  zypper rm orca (as root)

        b.  svn checkout http://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/trunk orca ;
            cd orca

        c.  ./autogen ; make ; sudo make install

That should be all you need.

Thanks,
Brian G. Merrell