Re: [orca-list] installing festival with different voices

On 06.09.2008 at 18:52:35 Aruni sharma <libranarsh gmail com> wrote:

Hi, I saw the festival page today and found many nice sounding
voices. I tried hard installing festival and different voices but
without any luck. Could someone give me some pointers how to
accomplish it.

The voices names start with "festvox...". Did you install such packages?
If so, what's the result of:
ls -l /usr/share/festival/voices
You will, at least, find one folder called "english", but if you've
successfully installed additional (non English) voices, you should find
more folders.
You can try the voices by typing in a text console
festival
A prompt appears where you can type
help
You are shown an example to select different voices than the standard
one.
Select one of your favorite voices, and write a text. How to do this is
shown by the help page as well.
Does this all work.
Is this what you wanted, or are you asking about selecting the voices in
Orca?
In this case you must wait for the answer of a list member, who uses
Festival in Orca. I don't use it, because there's no German voice.
Hermann