Från: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] För
Hermann
Skickat: den 7 september 2008 15:04
Till: Aruni sharma
Kopia: orca-list gnome org
Ämne: Re: [orca-list] installing festival with different voices

On 06.09.2008 at 18:52:35 Aruni sharma <libranarsh gmail com> wrote:

Hi, I saw the festival page today and found many nice sounding voices.
I tried hard installing festival and different voices but without any
luck. Could someone give me some pointers how to accomplish it.

The voices names start with "festvox...". Did you install such packages? If
so, what's the result of: ls -l /usr/share/festival/voices You will, at
least, find one folder called "english", but if you've successfully
installed additional (non English) voices, you should find more folders. You
can try the voices by typing in a text console festival A prompt appears
where you can type
help
You are shown an example to select different voices than the standard one.
Select one of your favorite voices, and write a text. How to do this is
shown by the help page as well. Does this all work. Is this what you wanted,
or are you asking about selecting the voices in Orca? In this case you must
wait for the answer of a list member, who uses Festival in Orca. I don't use
it, because there's no German voice. Hermann