Re: [orca-list] May I ask it here?

Ok Willie, I am waiting for your email.

Willie Walker escreveu:
Hi Vítor:

Woo hoo! Thanks for your work! While I do know how to check things in, I was warned a long time ago by the GNOME Translation teams to keep my fingers out of the po directory -- they are the experts in translation and don't want me messing around in there.

From http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/, I see that http://l10n.gnome.org/people/leonardof is the right person to contact. I think you probably could send him your file, but he might also request that you log a bug and add your file as an attachment to the bug.

Hopefully this will work out easily,

Will

Vítor Oliveira wrote:
Hi Willie. First of all, I'd like to thank you to answer to my question. Second, I am using the last revision of Orca, 4308, I think. I am using viavoice pt-br. The problem was when we were clicking some keys. I say the problem was, because I'd just edited the file that was int the source of orca, I compiled and installed it. Now, it's working. So, I'd like to geav my contribution. But I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's correct to email to the last translator indicated in the file, or some one els. If you don't see any inconvenience, I'd send it also to you. I think you know the correct way to put it in the right way. But I'l wait for your answer.

Victor Oliveira

Willie Walker escreveu:
Hi Victor:

Which version of Orca are you using? In the latest Orca, there are po/pt_BR.po and po/pt.po files that contains the translations for Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese.

The pt.po file translates both "dot" and "colon" to "ponto". Is this the incorrect translation you are encountering?

The proper way to fix this would be to update the translations in the appropriate file and get them checked back into the Orca sources. The Orca team doesn't maintain the *.po files. Instead, they are owned and managed by the GNOME Translation Teams at http://l10n.gnome.org.

If you want to experiment, though, you can try something like adding these lines to your ~/.orca/user-settings.py or ~/.orca/orca-customizations.py files, using the appropriate words for Portuguese, of course:

import orca.chnames
orca.chnames.chnames["."] = "ponto"
orca.chnames.chnames[":"] = "dois pontos"

BTW, which speech synthesis engine are you using?

Will

Vítor Oliveira wrote:
Hi: The through is I don't know where to make this question. I think it's about orca, tut I'm not shure. The question is: when echoing keys, I verify that there are some keys incorrectly translated to portuguese. For example, 'dot', 'colon'. Is it easy to correct here? May I ask some one in any place?

Victor Oliveira