Re: [orca-list] Different layout in the latest Thunderbird

Hi Hermann.

Usually there were two columns: One that shows all the folders, and one
that shows the messages in the chosen folder.
Now I see a third column that shows me the folder name again as a tab;

How odd.... 'Scuse me while I pull the latest Thunderbird.... Huh,
you're right. Looks like they've introduced Tabbed "browsing" for email.

the difference is that I cannot move the folders unless I change to the
usual folder tree by pressing tab.

Confirmed.

So what has been changed, Orca's way to display, or - what I suspect -
the layout in Thunderbird?

As you no doubt gathered from the above, your suspicion is correct.

What's the sence of this?

Couldn't tell you. I just tried using multiple tabs (seems you can bring
up a context menu for the folders in the tree and "open in new tab").
I'm not seeing any advantage personally. But these decisions are rarely
made on a whim and/or by a single person, so there's undoubtedly a good
reason -- and one which is probably documented publicly. I'd poke around
in Mozilla's bugzilla and/or drop in on the appropriate folks at
irc.mozilla.org if I wanted to find out more.

The other thing I'm not seeing is a way to not use tabbed browsing.
Maybe that setting is hiding....

--Joanie