Re: [orca-list] Setting up orca as a blind newbie

Hello Will

 Orca --version reports similar error but dpgk reports
gnome-orca 2.22.1-0ubuntu

The relevant bonobo   versions are
ii  libbonobo2-0                           2.22.0-0ubuntu1                                      Bonobo CORBA
interfaces library
ii  libbonobo2-bin                         2.22.0-0ubuntu1                                      Bonobo CORBA
interfaces library -- support b
ii  libbonobo2-common                      2.22.0-0ubuntu1                                      Bonobo CORBA
interfaces library -- support f
ii  libbonobo2-dev                         2.22.0-0ubuntu1                                      Bonobo CORBA
interfaces library -- developme
ii  libbonoboui2-0                         2.21.90-1                                            The Bonobo UI
library
ii  libbonoboui2-common                    2.21.90-1                                            The Bonobo UI
library -- common files
ii  liblpint-bonobo0                       0.1.19                                               library for
launchpad integration

 I got a sighted help to login to gnome and execute the Orca.

Next problem was that the Orca setup hang while selecting the keyboard layout. Synth read the prompt thext but not the choices. Orca were however

still running. There were a pulseaudio device busy error at the logs. I installed an usb sound card and configured speech-dispatcher to use it. With this setup i was able to finish the setup.

There are still some issues; this versions of Orca seems a bit unstable and there are encoding issues with finnish speech synth but otherwise
 Orca looks very promising:-)

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS