Re: [orca-list] I have three questions about the OpenSolaris live cd

On 23/12/42 20:59, Aruni Sharma wrote:
Hi will, does opensolaris have all the necessary codecs like mp3 wma
etc for layin music files? it is important for new users to be able to
use the OS without the need for expert knowledge. also I would like to
ask whether orca, music files and skype all can work at the same time
without creating any issues.

I don't know what codecs are included by default, but regarding applcations using sound running together, I feel this is something which opensolaris has correct. I booted the live CD on my laptop (sound card based on the intel i810 chipset) had orca running and played a wave file sound and both the speech and sound came out together. Its just a shame that opensolaris lacks support for a number of sound cards which have been supported in Linux for quite some time now (I don't know about other hardware).

Michael Whapples