Re: [orca-list] Sound problem in Fedora 9

I don't recall breakage in the original F-9 Orca. But, regardless, you
can get updated Orca rpms for Fedora 9 at the Speakup Modified.

Janina

Alonzo writes:
Hello Lars,

the version of Orca that ships with Fedora9 is broken. so you will have
to compile it form source or perhaps try to do yum update orca or just
yum update and see if that will work. I'm not sure if they have upgraded
orca in Fedora9, but there is a much more updated version in the latest
upcoming release fedora10. What happens when launching orca is that it
crashes and you are no longer able to hear speech. You can install the
following with yum
intltool and gnome-common
so you woudl do
yum install intltool gnome-common
That should get orca working. If not, you may want to check out the
latest version of the gnome 2.22.3 branch from svn and download  orca.
You should then change to the orca directory and then do
./autogen.sh
make
make install
and orca should work.

alonzo
ps-
the address to get orca for gnome2.22 with svn and command to execute
svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/branches/gnome-2-22 orca
You could try  the latest orca
svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/trunk orca
I'm not sure how well the latest release will work though.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lars "Bjørndal""
<lars bjorndal broadpark no>