Re: [orca-list] installing orca on debian

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> writes:

Yes, this was a big help and tells me a lot about the Debian
workings.  One final question, How does one add experimental to the
sources list without messing up the rest of the package availability?

As explained in my previous mail, experimental is no full distribution
to upgrade to, so as a security measure, experimental packages are never
automatically installed by apt-get if not explicitly requested by the user.
So you can safely add experimental to your /etc/apt/source.list and
apt-get dist-upgrade will not upgrade to the packages in
experimental automatically, you will still have to explicitly
request a certain package (or a family of them) from
experimental by stating the distribution after the package name and a slash.

--
CYa,
  âââââ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>