Re: [orca-list] terminal stuff and email (was Best email solution?)

I'll add myself to the list of people who do pretty much everything
in a terminal and I find that for the most part Orca reading gnome terminal does a
decent job but it has trouble with pagers and the like and things where
there is scrolling text. It wants to read the whole screen instead of
just the new text that comes in which is not really that helpful for
things like when the screen scrolls in your editor or the menu you get
from the configuration system used by the kernel for example when you
move the cursor keys and cause the screen to scroll. Since this is a
low priority for some if somebody wants to explain the architecture of
things a bit and might want to give me a good idea of where to start
I wouldn't mind hacking something up as I really would rather not use
a text console when there is a nice large terminal sitting there that
should work. Since we were talking about email my commandline mail client
of choice is nmh. The thing is old yes but is getting bugfixes and the 1.3
release is due out shortly. GUI's are just not ideal for text processing
especially of high volume mail lists and usenet and the like since you
need to organize all that data to filter the relevant parts. Heck, last
I checked the GUI mail clients didn't even support regex for searches
or at least it wasn't obvious to me where it was.