Re: [orca-list] openoffice.org

Hi Jason,

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Jason White wrote:

If nothing else works, save the document as a text file and do this:
cat document | wc -w

Ah yes, that is always an option.

Actually, I did this with catdoc a few weeks ago, but was just hoping there would be a quicker way in oo...

If and when you decide to use LaTeX instead of a word processor, you can

I will, but one issue I have with emacs is: when writing a line, it usually goes past 80 chars, therefore placing a \ in the middle of the line, so its not easy to read.
For example:
A really long 80 char line\ somewhere

Obviously the line would need to be longer than that.
Do you know how to stop the \ and make it start a new line?

And should I just google on info on how to use latex?
Thanks,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/