Re: [orca-list] openoffice.org

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 10:27:00AM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
The latest orca, and the latest built openoffice I could find doesn't make
the word count dialog accessible.
I need this for a project I'm working on, so can anyone tell me if and how
I can get access to the word count?

If nothing else works, save the document as a text file and do this:
cat document | wc -w

If and when you decide to use LaTeX instead of a word processor, you can
convert a TeX document to a text file using a utility called detex, and pipe
it to wc to obtain a word count. Aspell can check the spelling of LaTeX
documents.

I can't help you with OO.O since I don't need to use it and don't want to go
back to working with a word processor.