Re: [orca-list] Page presentation issues

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 09:11:50PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
Indeed, I understand. Its probably not worth it. What about writing a few
modules in C in the future though?

this is already done: AT-SPI is written in C. Furthermore, the Pypy project is
making progress toward enabling Python to be compiled directly to machine
code. I expect this will be finished before any serious developer is tempted
to rewrite parts of Orca in another language.

For anyone who seriously believes that Orca is slow and that Python is the
cause, go and help out the Pypy project so that it can compile part or all of
Orca.

I don't really either. I have 1 gb of ram and dual core 2.1 ghz.
free says only 800 M of ram is being used, so would upgrading my ram to 2
gb help speed when navigating?
Some times it is a little slow to respond.
It isn't using swap, lets put it that way.

Linux can always benefit from more RAM, but I don't have any reason to believe
this would affect that particular issue. Basically, we don't know what's
causing the problem in your case, so any discussion here can only be
speculation.

What's the CPU load while you're running Firefox? On my laptop (single-core
AMD64) the CPU load remains low and I don't notice any slowness with
navigation.