Re: [orca-list] Hardy question

Dear List!

Daniel, the libasound2 versions:
In Ubuntu Hardy: Version: 1.0.15-3ubuntu4
In Debian Lenny: Version: 1.0.16-2

The problem reproduce is very difficult, because not have a constant time period and application will be speech muting.

If I would like testing this problem, I logged with normal user, and using Firefox or Pidgin or any application for example with long time period. If you use pidgin for testing, Irc, Msn protocol is very good for testing, because if you typed faster, Orca muted not constant time. If the system using with root privileges and have lot of security updates, I not muted speech with ctrl key and Orca lose speech not constant time with Hardy.

In Debian Lenny, this problem is not present, in thursday for example I using Pidgin and Msn wroted my friend with free hour and Orca not muted. I don't know if Orca lose speech, the braille display is work? Have anybodi looked this with Ubuntu?

Thanks,

Attila