Re: [orca-list] firefox - page down doesn't work and error messageson the console

am Sa 03. Mai 2008 um 10:11:40 schrieb Sérgio Neves <sergionevess gmail com>:
Hi,
Thanks, the page up/down problem is partially solved.
I say partially, because I think this keys don't do really what they are
supposed to do. Sometimes, when I press page down, the cursor doesn't move,
or if it moves, I don't perceive it. Other times, when I press page down and
after page up, the cursor doesn't go to the place that it was previously.

Keep in mind, that, unlike Jaws, Orca uses the original screen layout; this
means that scrolling with pageup/down mustn't have the same results as in
Jaws.

Does it happen with you too?

I've never tested it widely, because I use other navigation schemes, see
Jason's mail. What I find a bit annoying is, that Control+home and
Control+end does not always move the caret at the top/bottom of the Page.

I think it's important to solve this..
Do you know any other way to navigate faster on a page instead of using page
down? I'm used to do this on jaws/windows, because sometimes I know that the
objects I want are one or two pages below.

Jason told you some alternatives, and I want to add one: Instead of using
FF's search tool, you might use Orca's search utility. Press Control+f to
open it. By default it searches as you type. There are buttons to go to the
next/previous found item. If you've found what you're searching for, press
escape to leave the dialog; you land on the found item.
Hermann