Re: [orca-list] Orca and Xubuntu?

Hello,

Simone Dal Maso  wrote / napÃsal(a):
I don't know if ubuntu 7.10 could be installed in a so slow system.
So, I think to give a try to Xubuntu, but, does Orca work with that operative system?

Xubuntu uses the Xfce desktop environment, meaning that it will run fast while still delivering a
user-friendly interface. Older computers feel lively again, while newer ones will run faster than ever

I think xfce has not adapted accessibility apis from gnome so I am afraid this won't work. Gnome is not suited for such slow machines.

I am also looking for some distro for installing to my old toshiba laptop with 366 MHz processor and 32 mb of ram but I am even unsure grml with text console only will run there.

Peter