Re: [orca-list] Orca and Xubuntu?

am Do 27. Mär 2008 um 12:37:16 schrieb Simone Dal Maso <simone dalmaso juvox it>:
unfortunately at work I have a very slow machine.
only 128mb of ram, and a hard disk of 20gb.
I don't know if ubuntu 7.10 could be installed in a so slow system.

No chance!

So, I think to give a try to Xubuntu, but, does Orca work with that operative system?
Thanks in advance.

No! It comes with Orca, but without the needed accessibility mechanism; and there's no braille display. All
you hear is
"Welcome to Orca!" when you try to start Orca, and you don't have any braille support, neither in GUI, nor on
the text
console - if there's one at all.
So the only solution is to install a text only Linux, but with only 128MB RAM it might be very slow as well.
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)