[orca-list] trying to update atk gail and atspi

Hello all.
As a new user, I am new and am not sure what messed up.  As someone who is new at code, here is what I can
say:
used svn for the following items:
atk, gail, atspi
ran the following for atk and gail without problems:
./autogen.sh make and sudo make install
for atspi:
./autogen.sh went fine
make blew up in my face at the vary end:
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../libgailutil.so: undefined reference to `g_assertion_message'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [test-simple] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/eric/at-spi/test'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eric/at-spi'
make: *** [all] Error 2
ok......
now what? I did not write the output to a file, but when I looked at half or more of the terminal, things
looked fine.
not sure if I should "sudo make install" or not!
any help is appreciated!
Eric