Re: [orca-list] The pronunciation dictionary destroys my user settings

am Mo 17. Mär 2008 um 22:15:46 schrieb Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>:
I wanted to change some pronunciations of Orca by using the dictionary
in the settings dialogue.
The result was a damage of my Orca settings, so that I had to restore
them completely, including my changed laptop keyboard layout. Only the
orca-customizations.py remained as it is.

Very strange.  I just tried making three definitions.  They worked as
soon as I pressed the OK button to save them, and they also worked when
I stopped and restarted Orca.

Did you save your damaged settings file?  It would be great if you saved
it so we could take a look at it.

I didn't, but I can reproduce the crash. So I created 4 files: My
original settings, the status after having set up the pronunciation
changes, the status after restart of the preferences dialog where the
changes had gone and finally the status after having restarted Orca,
where everything is broken. I attach them in a zip file.

Restarting the settings dialogue shows that the changes have gone;
restarting Orca causes the crash.

Oh dear.  :-(  Did you get a stack trace?  In these kinds of cases,
getting a stack trace and any other useful information will help us
understand the cause of the problem.

What do you mean with a stack trace? There was no message, but when
starting the preferences from a desktop environment, you cannot see any
messages at all. Should I restart Orca from a Gnome terminal?
Hermann