[orca-list] The pronunciation dictionary destroys my user settings

Hi,
I wanted to change some pronunciations of Orca by using the dictionary
in the settings dialogue.
The result was a damage of my Orca settings, so that I had to restore
them completely, including my changed laptop keyboard layout. Only the
orca-customizations.py remained as it is.
And in addition, Orca doesn't save the newly pronounced words. Leaving
the settings by clicking OK, results in not speaking the changed words.
Restarting the settings dialogue shows that the changes have gone;
restarting Orca causes the crash.
This happens in Orca 2.22.0 as well as in the testing versions.
So let's get back to earth after having discussed extensively what Orca
might be in the future over the last week :-(
Any ideas?
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)