Re: [orca-list] The pronunciation dictionary destroys my user settings

Hermann wrote:

I wanted to change some pronunciations of Orca by using the dictionary in the settings dialogue. The result was a damage of my Orca settings, so that I had to restore them completely, including my changed laptop keyboard layout. Only the orca-customizations.py remained as it is.

Very strange. I just tried making three definitions. They worked as soon as I pressed the OK button to save them, and they also worked when I stopped and restarted Orca.

Did you save your damaged settings file? It would be great if you saved it so we could take a look at it.

Restarting the settings dialogue shows that the changes have gone; restarting Orca causes the crash.

Oh dear. :-( Did you get a stack trace? In these kinds of cases, getting a stack trace and any other useful information will help us understand the cause of the problem.

Will