Re: [orca-list] Preferences dialog does not close anymore

Hi Hermann:

I haven't experienced this. My suspicion is that there might be a bad line in your ~/.orca/user-settings.py or ~/.orca/orca-customizations.py file. If you try something like moving your ~/.orca directory to a safe place and then re-running Orca, do you still experience the problem?

What has gone wrong now? It seems that with every improvement there
comes a new bug.

Sorry for the frustrations you are experiencing here. We definitely try to keep the releases somewhat stable, and I routinely run the regression tests to check for problems. Can you tell me more about your Orca environment? For example, do you do things such as edit your ~/.orca/user-settings.py file? Do you download/install Orca from trunk? Do you apply patches that are attached to bugs, but not committed yet? All of these things leave plenty of room for error and can cause catastrophic failure if not done correctly. :-(

To help us better analyze what's causing the issues, you can do the usual debug.out thing that you've helped us with in the past. In addition, if you run orca from the command line and save any messages that might be output, we should be able to make some forward progress.

Thanks!

Will