difference.

Hope this helps

-Jon

On Wed 05/03/2008 at 05:01:52, Steve Holmes wrote:
Slightly off topic question here: If I go and manually apply the change
below, what will happen when I do subsequent updates via svn? Will 'svn
update' apply any relevant changes to this module or will gecko.py be
isolated from future changes.  Sorry, but still a bit ignorant about the
internals of svn/cvs and friends.  I'm really anxious to get this fix in and
don't know when it will be formally applied.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomas Cerha [mailto:cerha brailcom org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 12:40 AM
To: Willie Walker
Cc: Steve Holmes; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] speech dispatcher (Re: punctuation not spoken
properly when reviewingbycharacter in firefox)

Willie Walker wrote:
I know a number of Orca users are working happily with Speech Dispatcher
0.6.6, and I also know a few are working to harden and improve Speech
Dispatcher overall.  Kenny, David, Tomas -- if you're reading this, can
you give us a good idea of where things stand right now?

Hello, I think I already said somewhere that I believe this problem is
in the Firefox script, since it seems to speak a character using the
`speak()' command instead of `speakCharacter()' command.  I didn't have
a chance to look at it closer lately, but due to the wide interest I had
a short look into it right now and I think I tracked the problem.  It's
a one-liner fix in Orca trunk src/orca/Gecko.py, line 8114:

      speech.speak(character, self.getACSS(obj, character), False)

should be replaced by:

      speech.speakCharacter(character, self.getACSS(obj, character))

I'll try to fill in a bug report and send the patch later today.

Best regards, Tomas