Re: [orca-list] Fw: Slightly OT: running gnome as root

Rich Caloggero writes:
I remember there used to be some file in /etc that you just edit and set
some boolean option to true, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone knows
how to do this, let us know.

Two steps:

1.)     Issue the command visudo and find the lines displayed below, about 6 lines up from the bottom of the
file:
## Allows people in group wheel to run all commands
# %wheel        ALL=(ALL)       ALL

## Same thing without a password
# %wheel  ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL

Then, uncomment whichever of these two you want. Passwd or not? I
uncomment the second of them, myself.

2.)     Open /etc/group and add whichever user you want to have root
access to the users allowed in group wheel. Mine looks something like
this:

wheel:x:10:root,xxxx,yyyy,zzzz

Alternatively, you can accomplish this with the usermod command. Please
consult the man page for syntax.

hth

Janina