[orca-list] Fw: Slightly OT: running gnome as root

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc mit edu>
To: "Alex Snow" <lists h14me homelinux net>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Slightly OT: running gnome as root

Reference:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo

The Ubuntu community really stresses that logging in as root should never be necessary. When will orca be able to allow this?

They recommend that gksudo be used for root logins via graphical apps. Why doesn't this work? What's the difference between gksudo and sudo?

I remember there used to be some file in /etc that you just edit and set some boolean option to true, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone knows how to do this, let us know.

I hope this issue will be fixed soon. I'd like to try out the graphical admin tools.

-- Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Snow" <lists h14me homelinux net>