Re: [orca-list] w?

am Mo 03. Mär 2008 um 09:55:06 schrieb Garrett Klein <garrettklein comcast net>:
I've been playing with Rhythmbox as it's one of the nicer media players
I've seen for gnome. However, it's really, really slow! Okay, I
understand that 13129 songs is a lot, but it slows my 3 GHz Athlon64 x2
6000+ system down to a crawl. Is this the same issue that plagues Nautilus?

I cannot confirm the "niceness" of R-box. I view it as rather
inaccessible. The focus is not tracked reliably, the sources list isn't
read properly, and in the table containing the local library I cannot
scroll at al, although it is empty. Orca gets stuck, and I have to move
tab/shift+tab dozens of times to convince Orca to do a move.
I don't think it makes much sense to file a particular bug report,
because I think the accessibility of R-box should be completely rebuild.
And finally: Why do I have to start R-box twice? Starting the firs time
results in an empty window, that gets hidden when moving the focus. A
second start shows the interface.
Despite a lot of critizism I got, I insist: There's no real accessible
audio player in Gnome, nothing compared to Winamp, for example.
Hermann