Re: [orca-list] Introduction and questions

am Fr 20. Jun 2008 um 19:41:42 schrieb Robin Kipp <webmaster robin-kipp de>:
Hi Henning,

Please provide the output of 'apt-cache policy iceweasel',

Iceweasel:
Installed: 2.0.0.14-2
Candidate: 2.0.0.14-2
Version-table:
*** 2.0.0.14-2 0
500 http://ftp.de.debian.org lenny/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
2.0.0.6-etch1+lenny1 0
500 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages

that might probably tell us what's wrong.

I hope so!!! :-)

Did you call "firefox" explicitly? Otherwise you've possibly
launched Epiphany, from which I'm not sure if it already uses
the new Gecko engine. In the run dialog (alt-f2) type
'iceweasel', that should be helpful in this case.

I tried, Iceweasel opened but looks exactly as inaccessible as before

That's not astonishing, since you use version 2.x, which is not
accessible under Linux.
Visit:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.0/
Chose the Linux folder and the German language folder. Download the
*.tar.bz2 file.
After that unpack it:
tar xfjv firefox*.tar.bz2
change into the new folder and run:
./firefox (of course in a Gnome terminal).
You can add a symlink to the startup file, so that there's no need for
changing to the folder.
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.

Alle Vïlker wïrden in Frieden leben, kïnnten sie nur auf zwei Dinge
verzichten: Gott und Vaterland.