Re: [orca-list] Links List - firefox extension

"Rich Caloggero" <rjc MIT EDU> writes:
1. The extension is loading slow, if there's a site with lots of
links. You should think about speeding the procedure up, since you're
planning to extend the tool by other elements.

I'm not seeing this here. It loads almost instantly when I press the
shortcut key.  Might be the interaction between orca and firefox; I'm
developing and testing on windows.

As I've stated earlier, it does not make much sense to try this
extension under Windows, at least from my point of view. Since it is
designed to replace Orca's navigation structure (perhaps some day), it
should be mainly tested in Linux and FF3. If you develope this in
Windows, I guess you also use Windows screen readers, and for obvious
reasons all the web stuff reacts very fast. Do you have the opportunity
to test your extension in Linux with Orca?

2. Why does it read all the links to me? I don't know where this behavior
comes from, but I think you should prevent the tool from doing
this. It's sufficient to hear the first link.

YA, not seeing this here either.  I tried to have the first link in
the list automatically selected and the list focus when the list comes
up, but I think I blew it. I will update that soon and let ya know...

See above.
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.