[orca-list] Very Strange Issue with Setting Vocus in firefox

I just created a new version of headingslist (version 1.1):
http://www.mit.edu/~rjc/headingslist-1.1.xpi

The issue I'm having is that if I provide shortcuts for next/previous heading, they do not seem to work unless focus is moved away from the document first, then the focus is set to the heading within the document. I learned this because everything was working fine if I issued an alert() just prior to setting focus to the heading. If I simply moved to the heading without the alert, nothing appeared to happen (maybe focus visually moved, but I can't say). ALso, maybe the issue is jaws specific.

So, version 1.1 sets focus to the menubar just prior to setting it to the heading. I can't notice the extra focus() - jaws just instantly moves me to the correct heading.

Question: what happens in ora with version 1.0 and 1.1? Note that 1.1 uses different shortcut keys since I thought that was the issue (alt+n and alt+p).

-- Rich