Re: [orca-list] SWT (Standard Widget Toolkit) for Java platform accessibility

Hi Michael:

Out of interest, how do these two approaches (SWT and swing) compare for accessibility in general? By this I mean if I develop an application I want to be accessible (may be as one of its main concerns) which would be better? I mean by better, the consideration that SWT can be used by those tools which don't support the java access bridge (eg. it is not worth trying to increase the user base if the qualityof accessibility is lowered to a point where it becomes awkard to the user). My experience with orca and eclipse seems to indicate that SWT is up to it.

I'm not really sure how to answer this since I don't have much experience with SWT and thus cannot provide a balanced answer. In general, however, we should strive to make it so you shouldn't have to care. :-)

Will