Re: [orca-list] orca speechd backend switching output modules were not saved

Farhan napsal(a):
My question now is what is the better sound support to use with speech-dispatcher?
pulseaudio or alsa.

According to our experience, ALSA is still more stable, but I would not
like to discourage people from using Pulse Audio.  I'd recommend trying
Pulse Audio first and if it causes you troubles, you can switch to ALSA
later.

if I switch the speech-dispatcher configuraiton to alsa and relogin my login sound is gone and I have no
speech.

Yes, you also need to switch to ALSA output in Gnome sound preferences.

Best regards, Tomas