Re: [orca-list] orca speechd backend switching output modules were not saved

Hello, I installed speech-dispatcher 0.67 from the apt repo that Luke provided.
I copied the /etc/speech-dispatcher folder to my home directory, with commands interpretated from the
speech-dispatcher manual.
I do not have the spd-conf in my path.
after coppiing and making all directories in my home directory and adding speech-dispatcher -d to my sessions
in gnome, logging ou and logging back in, orca yields that gnome-speech is still the only speech service I
can select.
out of curiosity when using speech-dispatcher 0.6.7 what is the best sound output to use for my situation?  I
am using ubuntu hardy.
On 7/16/2008 at 12:39 Halim Sahin said
Hi,
I.ve espeak, ibmtts and mbrola available through speechd 0.6.7.
Orca does not save the last selected output module.
Ibmtts is always selected after orca restart.
Any ideas?
Regards
Halim