Re: [orca-list] orca speechd backend switching output modules were not saved

Hello, after thinking about it for a wile and realizing that I didn't have the python-speechd package
installed, I installed it and it now works.
My question now is what is the better sound support to use with speech-dispatcher?
pulseaudio or alsa.
doing a bit of searching around leads me to believe that many people using ubuntu hardy do not like the new
pulseaudio and have removed it.
currently my setup is speech-dispatcher with the espeak module using pulseaudio
and speech-dispatcher starting at my login.
if there is a better way to go about this and make this more stable can someone advise me on doing so?
also if pulse becomes a problem, is there a surefire way to remove pulse intirely from the system?
if I switch the speech-dispatcher configuraiton to alsa and relogin my login sound is gone and I have no
speech.
On 7/17/2008 at 9:02 Luke Yelavich said