Re: [orca-list] speech dispatcher - still confused

Derek London napsal(a):
I just ran spd-conf and made a configuration and got spd-say to work with espeak but not ibmtts. Though I'm using voxin and not the other offering of ibmtts, they're essentially the same voice except that voxin is supported and maintained where as the other is not right?

I don't know the details, but is the AddModule line for ibmtts in
your new speechd.conf uncommented (doesn't start with a hash)?

It says the speech dispatcher module is importable and the env grep pipe didn't return anything. But when I type spd-say test I hear espeak say test.

Ok, then your Speech Dispatcher runs on the default port 6560 which is fine.

Same for when I type spd-say -o ibmtts "testing". Orca still crashes when I try to start the configuration settings dialog.
Could you please post the message it gives when it crashes?

Thank you,
Hynek Hanke